The NHS in East Berkshire and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The risk to the general public is moderate. If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
Call 111 now if you've been:
• to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
• to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
• to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
• in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Welcome to Sheet Street Surgery
FORTHCOMING CHANGES FOR YOUR ATTENTION:
* As from March 1st 2020 you will no longer be able to order repeat prescriptions using this website. If you would like to order prescriptions online after this date you will require online access via the patient app. We require 2 forms of ID to register for this service. Examples of appropriate ID are; driving licence, passport, utility bill (dated within the last 3 months), bank statement. Please bring your ID to reception to gain your passwords, thank you.
* As you know for many years we have provided a freezing clinic once a month with Dr John Stone. Sadly Dr Stone will be retiring in 2021; as a result a gradual reduction in this service will commence. This means the clinic will run every two months and will gradually reduce in its frequency until Dr Stone's retirement whereby it will cease to run. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Parking Notice: PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE SURGERY CAR PARK. We are in a security zone, unauthorised cars may be towed away. We cannot accept any responsibility should this happen.
Patient Experiences 2019 Top of Form
90% find it easy to get through to this GP practice by phoneBottom of Fo
94% find the receptionists at this GP practice helpfulTop of Form
92% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at treating them with care and concern during their last general practice appointmentBottom of Form
94% were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment during their last general practice appointment
98% felt their needs were met during their last general practice appointment
The new dates for the Autumn-Winter 2019 HealthMakers self-management courses from Berkshire Healthcare are now available. Patients who have a long term health condition and would like to self manage better and feel more in control, can sign up to one of these local courses. Select the link here for details of these six week courses: HealthMakers Autumn-Winter 2019
To book a place:
Telephone: 01344 415947
(Site updated 19/02/2020)